Dr. Muhammad Sagir Adam
You are highly welcomed to the portal of School of Basic and Remedial Studies of Al-Qalam University, Katsina (SBRS AUK) which was established in 2010 as School of General Studies and Pre- Degree programme (SGSPDP). Afterwards it was renamed School of Basic and Remedial Studies (SBRS) which consists of two Units: Pre-Degree, coordinated by Mallam Ziya’ulhaq Umar and Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) coordinated by Mallam Adamu Mainasara. The School is well equipped with laboratories which offer students golden opportunity to understand the entire practical required for the programme. The School employs well qualified teachers, has beautiful lecture rooms and other facilities. One thing to be noted is that all female students must reside within the Al-Qalam University Katsina (AUK) hostels in the campus. The School is located in the premises of Al-Qalam University Katsina in the capital of Katsina State.
SBRS AUK is to be a complete package for providing students with necessary tools to thrive in higher education and to be moral and intellectual leaders with fear of Allah in the society.
SBRS AUK is dedicated to developing students’ potential to become intellectually courageous, morally sound and socially responsible.
The IJMB is an advanced level programme planned for students to get admission into 200 Level. The duration of the programme is one year after which a student will write an examination subject to qualify him/her for admission in to many Nigerian Universities through Direct Entry (DE).
Like many other tertiary institutions, Al-Qalam University is one of the affiliated institutions which is running IJMB programme with the aim of enhancing the capacity of students about how to acquire the minimum requirement into Nigerian universities after successful completion of the programme. The qualifying examination is conducted annually, mainly for advanced level (A/L). In addition, two ordinary level (O/L) subjects (English and Mathematics) are also offered as equivalent to WAEC/NECO ‘O’ level, for candidates who may be deficient in the subjects. During the programme, students are expected to be busy for wide-ranging lectures from Monday to Saturday weekly.
Below are the courses offered by the unit:
- Social & Management Sciences (SMS)
However, each candidate must choose only 3 subjects based on his/her area of specialization.
Mode of Entry
Candidates seeking for admission into the programme:
- Must Purchase an on-line form at a cost of N5,300
- Must Present original credentials during screening
- Must pay Registration fees which is N171,000 for sciences and N145,000 for both SMS &Arts students (charges are subject to reviews).
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) credits at ‘O’ level (3 basic subjects plus mathematics and English) from WAEC, NECO or NABTEB in not more than two sittings. Any deficiency must be remedied before the end of IJMB programme.
PRE DEGREE PROGRAMME
This is a one year programme aimed at preparing students to sit for JAMB and qualifying examination conducted annually by SBRS. A successful Student in both examinations is automatically qualified for admission into 100 level of AUK.
Mode of Entry:
- Purchase an on-line form at a cost of N5,300
- Present original credentials during screening.
- Pay Registration fees of N119,000 for sciences and N,99,300 for both SMS &Arts students.
- Obtain five credits including Mathematics and English.
|1||IJMB||One Year||5 Credits (3 Basic Subjects in addition to English and Mathematics|
|2||PRE-DEGREE||One Year||5 Credits (3 Basic Subjects in addition to English and Mathematics|