The Board of Trustees, Al-Qalam University Katsina has approved the appointment of Professor Nasiru Musa Yauri as New Vice Chancellor, Al-Qalam University Katsina.He is to serve for a period of five years with immediate effect. He took over from Professor Shehu Garki Ado whose tenure ended on 27th September, 2021. In the letter conveying the appointment,signed by the Chairman, Board of Trustees of the University, Alhaji Mahmud Yayale Ahmad CFR (Ajiyan Katagum),stated that the appointment of the new Vice-Chancellor was approved at the Board’s Special Meeting held on Thursday 7thOctober, 2021. It further stated that the approval of the Board followed favourable recommendations from interactions held with interested applicants for the position and also in line with the University Law of October, 2014 section 4(2) sub-section 3(1). A Professor of Economic Management, Nasiru Musa Yauri is presently the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Academic), Usmanu Danfodio University, Sokoto and he was once the Vice Chancellor, Al-Qalam University Katsina when it was Katsina University Katsina for a period of one year, (January-December, 2012). Professor Yauri taught Management Science/Business Administration at Usman Danfodio University Sokoto for twenty-five years and held many academic positions. He also served as past Chairman of the Governing Council of Federal Polytechnic Ede, Osun State. Professor Yauri is currently member of the Governing Council of Al-Qalam University Katsina, Federal College of Education, Zaria and Assessor for Readers and Professors in nine universities across three geo-political zones of Nigeria. Born in 1969 at Yelwa-Yauri in Kebbi State, Professor Yauri is married with children.
- AL-QALAM UNIVERSITY E-BULLETINS
- Impressive Performance As NUC Releases Accreditation Results
- REGISTRATION OF NEW STUDENTS FOR THE 2022/23 ACADEMIC SESSION HAS COMMENCED. SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ARE EXPECTED TO COMPLETE THEIR REGISTRATIONS BEFORE THE END OF JANUARY 2023
- This is to notify all fresh and continuing Students that 2022/2023 Academic Session commences on the 23rd January, 2023 and newly admitted Students are expected to report to the University on 6th February, 2023.
- Al – Qalam University Receives NUC Accreditation Panels