The Chancellor of Al-Qalam University, Alhaji Aminu Alhassan Dantata was born in the city of Kano in 1931, to the famous business tycoon Alhaji Alhassan Dantata, Alhaji Aminu began his business career at the tender age of eighteen years as a Produce – buyer in Alhassan Dantata and Sons Limited. He is now the Chairman and Managing Director of the Company. His wider experience started way back in 1962 when he became a member of the Steering Committee of the Nigeria Industrial Development Bank limited and later became one of the Directors of the Bank. Alhaji Aminu Dantata had led several Trade Missions to various overseas countries worldwide. The Chancellor is also an icon in public service. He was elected a member of the Northern House of Assembly in 1966 and the following year appointed a Commissioner in the Kano State Government and served from 1967 to 1973. Alhaji Aminu Dantata also served as member of the Assembly Drafting Committee for the 1979 constitution which ushered in the second republic. Due to his versatility, several Universities found him worthy of so many honourary degrees. Among which are Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Bayero University, Kano, Abia State University, Imo State University, Owerri and Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto. Alhaji Aminu Dantata is the life patron of the Nigeria Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture. He is also the patron of Kano State Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture, the National Council of Farmers and the Nigerian Association of Small Scale Industries. An elder statesman of giant standing, Alhaji Aminu Dantata is a recipient of two prestigious national honours – Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON) and Commander of the National Republic of Niger (CONN)
- REGISTRATION OF NEW STUDENTS FOR THE 2022/23 ACADEMIC SESSION HAS COMMENCED. SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ARE EXPECTED TO COMPLETE THEIR REGISTRATIONS BEFORE THE END OF JANUARY 2023
- This is to notify all fresh and continuing Students that 2022/2023 Academic Session commences on the 23rd January, 2023 and newly admitted Students are expected to report to the University on 6th February, 2023.
- Al – Qalam University Receives NUC Accreditation Panels
- Al-Qalam VarsityToPartner Katsina State Health Ministry On Clinical Training
- FIRST BATCH ADMISSION LIST FOR 2022/2023 ACADEMIC SESSION