To support the strategic growth of the University and its extended community
To promote high-quality research, training, and innovations through relentless and active guides, management, and coordination of the University’s human resources.
- Maintain up-to-date databank of research profiles of the University staff and students through regular and strategic engagements.
- Establish and coordinates multi-disciplinary research themes based on immediate and future societal needs and in line with the University research agenda.
- Support and encourage staff to engage in high-quality and impactful research that is relevant to the established research themes.
- Scout for grants/funding and external collaborators to oil and fuel the research activities and staff further training.
- Support spin-off, intellectual property protection, and technology transfer.
- Harness potentials from the staff and students and refine them into a format that is appropriate for public consumption.
- Liaise with the Alumni Association to project the good image of the University and in any other areas that will benefit the University.
- Report to the Vice Chancellor, regularly, the day-to-day affairs of the Directorate.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Vice Chancellor