DUTIES OF ACTU
• To act as eyes and ears of ICPC in their organizations
• To receive and carry out preliminary investigations on any report of corruption made to it
• To report all alleged or reported cases of corruption within their organizations to the Commission, with copies sent to the heads of the organizations.
• To report cases of corruption involving the heads of top management staff of their organizations to the ICPC
• To examine practices, systems and procedures in their organizations and where such practices and procedures aid corruption submit reports to the heads of their organizations on how to change those systems and also to send such reports to the ICPC
• To educate, internally, officials of their respective organizations through workshops, seminars and lectures. They can also embark on the printing of posters, handbills and other anti-corruption materials. They can also embark on the production of billboards.
• It is not the intention of ACTU to witch-hunt any staff or punish offenders, but to prevent, investigate and report any case of corruption to the appropriate authority to act as provided by the law.
REPORT THE FOLLOWING TO ACTU
OFFENCES RELATED TO STUDENTS
Approaching lecturers with money, material or sexual advancement by students in order to gain academic advantage
Collection of unauthorized money from fellow students
Embezzlement of Students’ Union funds by Union Officials or any person responsible
Forgery of any financial documents such as receipts by the students
Forgery of signature by students
Intimidation of fellow students in any form
Any immoral act such as non-compliance to dress code or sexual harassment by students
Unauthorized removal, destruction, alteration of official documents and similar acts.
OFFENCES OF LECTURERS IN RELATION TO STUDENTS
Any attempt to extort money or material and or gain sexual advantage by the lecturer
Selling of handout and any other unauthorized educational material by the lecturer
Embezzlement of funds raised or entrusted by Unions to any academic or non-academic staff
Intimidation in any form
Forgery of any official documents or signature by staff to assist students in any form
1. OFFENCES IN RELATION TO ADMINISTRATION
Extortion of money or sexual harassment with a view to giving undue advantage to Applicant for Employment or Admission
Failure to follow due process in management of University funds and resources
Intimidation in any form
Unnecessary or undue delay in treating of Official matters